Creamy White Bean Chili (8-10 servings)There are never enough of vegetarian and vegan chilis. I was asked to do a plain white bean chili and here it is, with lots of cheese.
- 2 poblanos, seeds removed and diced
- 3 tablespoons of grapeseed (or another high-heat oil)
- 1/3 cup of cilantro, chopped
- 2 14oz cans of organic cannellini beans (white kidney beans)
- 1 tablespoon of oregano
- ½ teaspoon of cayenne
- ½ teaspoon of ground cumin
- 2 cups of vegetable broth
- 1 cup of unsweetened rice milk
- 2 cups of sour cream or plain greek yogurt
Optional toppings for serving: diced avocado, sour cream, plain greek yogurt, crumbled goat cheese, shredded gruyere cheese. serve with flatbread or cornbread or muffins.
- In a large, heavy pot, heat the oil over medium heat and add the poblanos. Cook for about 5 minutes.
- Add the cannellini beans, cilantro, oregano, cayenne, + cumin. Stir and cook for about 1 minute.
- Then add the vegetable broth + unsweetened rice milk. Give it a good stir, bring it to a boil, then reduce to a simmer. Cook uncovered for about 30 minutes. The chili should start to reduce and thicken.
- Add the sour cream or yogurt and give it a good stir to combine and then remove the chili from the heat. Give it a taste and adjust any seasoning accordingly. Serve warm with your favorite toppings.