- 1/2 cup (115 grams or 4 ounces) unsalted butter
- 1 cup (130 grams) all-purpose flour
- 1 cup (200 grams) sugar, divided
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon fine sea or table salt
- 3/4 cup (175 ml) whole milk
- 2 medium apples, peeled
- 3 small (I used Italian prune plums) or 2 medium plums, or 4 peaches, no need to peel
- 3/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
Whisk together the flour, 3/4 cup sugar, baking powder and salt in a mixing bowl and stir in milk. Mix until smooth. Pour batter over the butter but do not stir, even if it looks like a puddle-y buttery mess. Cut apples into 8 wedges, small plums or peaches into 4 wedges and medium ones into 4 to 6. Space fruit over batter. Sprinkle with cinnamon and then remaining sugar.
Bake the cobbler until it is set and golden on top, 35 to 40 minutes. Cool slightly on a rack. Serve the cobbler warm or at room temperature.