WRDS December 2015
Good News New York Sector
Ananda Kanan Summer Conference took place from June 29 – July 5, 2015 attended by 15 Acaryas and 35 Margiis. During the conference there were a total of eight (8) Akhanda Kiirtana and two sadhana shivir, as well as other spiritual programs. Overall this conference was very successful and enjoyable and everyone left with the zeal to establish their units and render greater service to humanity.
New York Sectorial Office: The house in Corona was sold on May 15, 2015 and a contract for purchase of the new house in Flushing was signed on July 8, 2015 and moving into the new house completed on July 10. All legal debts related to the Denver Legal Case have now been retired and the balance from Corona sale used up fully for purchasing the new house.
The new Sectorial Office is located in a wonderful place and the pracar possibilities are wide open. Since September regular classes are being held at SO and pracar being done at Queens College, which is only a few steps away from the new house.
Acarya Abhiramananda Avadhuta has been posted as Sectorial ERAWS Secretary. He reached New York on October 13, 2015 and stayed for one and half month at Sectorial Office contributing to pracar activities in New York.
Ananda Marga Gurukula Conference (AMGK Conference) took place at Ananda Girisuta Master Unit and Prama Wellness Centre in Asheville, North Carolina from July 12 – 16, 2015. This was a global conference celebrating the 25th Anniversary of AMGK. The conference was attended by around 70 Acaryas and Margiis from all over the world. Educational projects from all around the world were presented. There were various workshops, discussion meetings on education, etc. It was impressive to see how much has been achieved in our educational projects around the world and the conference was a good forum to encourage further research and development in AM education.
Ottawa Region, Canada
Ananda Marga Canada Summer Seminar took place near Ananda Kanak Master unit in Quebec (near Ottawa) and was attended by 14 Margiis and 5 Acaryas.
The seminar classes and other programs were enjoyed by all the participants and created a positive movement to make upcoming social and spiritual events successful.
Acarya Dayashiilananda Avadhuta has been taking care of Ananda Kanak MU for the last years. In the summer he grows organic vegetables at the MU, receives guests and connects to the local community.
Baby Naming Ceremony and Akhanda Kiirtana took place at Taraka and Jayanti’s home in Montreal on Sunday November 15, 2015. Their son was given the name Shivam. Montreal Unit was also formally registered during that weekend.
Acarya Parinirvananda Avadhuta (CS U) was very active during the recent election campaign in Canada. During the campaign he met with Justin Trudeau who later was elected as Prime Minister of Canada.
Mass feeding is done every Sunday 3 – 6 p.m. in Downtown Toronto.
Margiis in Toronto take turns to host the weekly Dharma Cakra with participation ranging from 8 to 15 Margiis. During second weekend of December, Akhanda Kiirtana was held in Toronto with participation of 12 Margiis and three Dadas.
Crimson Dawn Newsletter: The monthly electronic newsletter is now reaching over 850 people. The site crimsondawn.net has replaced the site crimsondawn.info, which is now referenced as an archive for Crimson Dawn news. The new website is ‘mobile friendly’ and offers dedicated menus and contents to the Spanish speaking Margiis and people in general.
Ananda Maya MU Fundraiser: Effort has started to solve dispute due to squatters occupying the land. Lawyer has been contacted and negotiations started with local municipality administration how to solve the problem.
Good News from Cuernavaca, Mexico
- From May to June: Eight weeks yoga, philosophy and meditation course was given by Ác. Vimalananda Avt., Sister Madhulika and brother Yogendra at Escuela de Nutricion (Nutrition School) Universidad del Estado de Morelos, (University of Morelos State.)
- Yoga Summer Camp for children took place from July 13 to August 7, six boys and girls attended the camp organized by Sister Karuna and Sister Madhulika at Cuernavaca Jagrti.
- Meditation and Yoga classes, three times a week given by sister Madhulika.
- Meditation and Philosophy classes three times a week given by brother Yogendra.
- First Saturday every month 3 hours Akhanda Kiirtan /Sadhana Shivir (alternate) at Cuernavaca Jágrti.
Mexico and Guatemala:
Acarya Vimaleshananda Avadhuta has been touring Mexico and Guatemala since October 2015 and has given several lectures, had media coverage on his activities and established cooperation with service organisations. He is presently in Guatemala and has renovated a part of the ceiling in the jagrti.
Brahmacarinii Anudhyana Acarya: During the months of October and November Didi Anudhyana completed a tour in Mexico, which touched the cities of Guadalajara, Guanajuato, Leon, Morelia and Cuernavaca. She delivered several lectures inspiring numbers of sisters and brothers to join Ananda Marga.
Ác. Ragatmananda Avt. Had 2 lectures in Monterrey Mexico – about total 75 new people came and 2 mass initiation and introduction of Yoga Meditation and Vegetarianism and Music, 4 people got initiations. Guatemala 2 lectures – 12 people attended Kiirtan and Meditation and Vegetarianism and introduction to Tantra Yoga; two people got initiation by Dada Ragatmananda. Guatemala Retreat: about 21 people attended as well as Dada Ragatmananda, Dada Vimaleshananda and Didi Ananda Tapomaya.
Monterrey Region, Mexico: Acarya Cirananda Avadhuta
Weekly Dharma Cakra is going on. 21 yoga classes are going on in Morelia every week given by the Margiis. The classes are given by brother Purusottama and sister Devaki as well as brother Hiranmaya in our jagrti and other yoga centers. Dada gave many conferences in July in Morelia and classes at the municipality office. Morelia unit was recently renewed and has weekly Dharma Cakra.
Kiirtana Retreat at Ananda Girisuta (Prama Institute), Asheville, NC
Around 70 Margiis and Acaryas came together on the weekend November 20 – 22 at Ananda Girisuta for a program dedicated to Kiirtana and Sadhana (devotional mantra music and meditation). The event started afternoon Friday Nov. 20 with one hour Kiirtana followed by Dharma Cakra and a long Avarta Kiirtana after dinner. Members of the SOJA Kiirtana Team had come from Canada, Norway and USA to lead the Kiirtana during the retreat. Saturday was the main day with Akhanda Kiirtana in the morning and afternoon and Sunday morning started with Akhanda Kiirtana followed by the Revolutionary Marriage of brother Jiivanmukta and sister Shonalii. Their relatives joined in for the wedding – some coming from far distance to attend the event. During the weekend everyone had the chance to enjoy the subtle vibrations of the Kiirtana and go deep in meditation. The quiet and beautiful environment of Ananda Girisuta contributed to the overall positive experience of the participants.
Food and accommodation was taken care of by the staff of Prama and was both tasty and nurturing physical and mental health and balance.
Ananda Priiti Master Unit, Atascosa, Texas: Avadhutika Ananda Sutiirtha Acarya
WWD Program was held on October 29. The Margiis offered to help Didi with renovating the house. During thanksgiving Margiis came and helped Didi to build stairs inside the building. 75% of the work is done. Rest will be done soon.
Los Angeles Region – Ác. Muktatmananda Avt.
AMURT Feeding program in Los Angeles: 7556 lbs. of food has been distributed in November to 2233 people.
Akhanda Kiirtana and RDS at Los Altos Hills Akhanda Kiirtana at Lost Altos Hills is held on the morning of every first Sunday of the month starting at 9:30 a.m. until 12:30 followed by collective meditation and lunch. On December 7 around 12 Margiis and 5 Acaryas joined the Kiirtana that was held after concluding RDS meetings held during December 4 and 5, 2015. The Kiirtana was very lively and everyone enjoyed the day.
AMURT Projects in New York Sector:
- Los Angeles food distribution has been 23 years in operation and serves more than 2000 people every month. The AMURT volunteers lead by Ác. Muktatmananda Avadhuta receive and distribute food to low-income families, senior citizens, and the homeless. A new shed has been built for the feeding project, a new refrigerator also purchased, following the change of vehicle 2 years ago, all stores are stocked up with provisions and supplies for a month. The amount of food distributed has reached up to 17.000 pounds of federal food, plus another 16.000 lb. for seniors, all together 33.000 lb. (15 metric tons) to low income and seniors.
- Washington DC food distribution has been 19 years in operation, serves around 300 people every month. AMURT volunteers receive and distribute groceries to homebound needy clients. Around 1.5 tons are distributed monthly.
- Haiti – Port-au-Prince AMURT projects have 25 staff and provide services in the fields of: Kindergarten, After-school Enrichment, Youth Leadership Training, Women’s Literacy and Support, Urban Ecology Education, Childcare Provider & Teacher.
AMURT in Lebanon – Acarya Unmantrananda Avadhuta (IFACE NY and Qahira Sectors)
AMURT in Lebanon continued its education support program for 1,500 Syrian refugee children in Lebanon. Some of the service AMURT provides are
- Child Friendly Spaces, Basic Literacy & Numeracy, Kindergarten & 1st grade classes in our location.
- Transportation to and Psycho-Social Support in public schools.
- Community Outreach and Protection Services for refugee families.
Good News GT Sector.
Ác. Arnavananda Avt.
- I visited Chile for one week from 3-10 Dec, and consulted local TV and Radio channel, they gave very good response and broadcasted my talk in the whole country for one week.
- Yoga teachers training course in Chile is completed with successful performance by 13 students.
- We opened fair on our Jagrti campus to sale goods and advertise yoga on 5-6 Dec, we raised $400 for the roof of Jágrti in Argentina
- Neuquén city of Argentina too is broadcasting my talk on TV on daily basis and people are asking to come in Ananda Marga.
Retreat held at Master Unit AnandaMayadiipa on 9 to 12 October 2015
Total Attented:60 people.
Good spiritual environment by collective Kiirtan, meditation and classes.
During retreat Initiations by Didis: 8 and by Dadas: 2 = 10
I came to Mardel Plata just 2 days ago on 23rd at night. I gave lecture between 20 new persons on 24th of October Saturday.
Ác. Paradevavavda Avt.
Spring Yoga Camp – on 26-27th of September. Spring yoga camp was held at Ananda Kuvalaya Master Unit in Paraguay. 20 attended. 2 Vegetarian Lunch for fund raising- on 11 Th Oct. 70 people participated,
Lecture in 2 places more than 20 people participated.
Ác. Pavananada Avt.
Lecture on Meditation 35 people participated, In Florianopolis in jail for prisoner’s meditation program continue, they are very inspired.
Yoga training course in Sao Paulo continue.
Ác. Siddheshvarananda Avt.
- After coming back from India, at 7 places lectures and vegetarian dinners were organized in Rio de Janeiro state in health insurance company and yoga center. In Campos de Goyacataz , RJ going start new unit , Margiis are doing regular DC.
- Our Jagrti in Araruama, in Rio de Janeiro state 3 hour Akhanda Kiirtana was held
- City magazine of Araruma has published 1 whole page about Yoga and Meditation where it appears we were doing Meditation in the Park.
- Another lecture on Meditation in Sao Joao del rei. 20 people participated.
Ác. Ratnananda Avt.
Weekly 3 hours Akhanda Kiirtana in Lima Peru is regularly going on.
Lecture on Yoga and Meditation in GYM to martial art students.
Also visited Cusco, gave lecture in yoga center.
Avtk. Ananda Advaeta Ác.
From June to November we had many visitors and volunteers of whom many were initiated. One vegetarian dinner for fundraising 750RS. One marriage during the July retreat in Ananda Kiirtana. One Baby naming in Brasilia. One cooking course and initiations in Juiz de Fora. Participation in retreat in Araruama and Santiago Chile. In Santiago retreat 3 classes/workshops for 70 people and a marriage.
The master unit committee was established with new margiis and a few meetings were held, in preparation of fundraising for our next construction in the MU. A margii architect helped to make the plans for the construction. We are now doing the crowd funding online http://www.kickante.com.br/campanhas/bioconstrucao-em-ecovila-espiritual-1
Also the Master Unit Website is renewed. www.anandavasundhara.org
Also participated in a retreat in Araruama and Salvador, many sisters were initiated. And at touring passed thru Rio de Janeiro, Juiz de Fora and Belo Horzonte for initiation and follow up.
Avtk. Ananda Sushiila Ác. PWSA
- Gave a lecture in Floripa with 25 participants, attended a seminar in floripa on 27, 28 of Aug.
- Attended a seminar in Pelotas organized by brother Lalan attended by 15 people on 5, 6 of Sept.
- I had two meditation courses, were full with total 45 students attended in Sept and Oct in Porto Alegre, most of the students took initiation.
- I organized a youth camp, attended by 20 participants, in the end of Oct at MU Ananda Daksina. They were inspired by many games, dynamics and lecture.
- Attended a small retreat organized by sister Tannistha in Pontal with 20 participants on 11, 12 of Oct.
- Attended a retreat organized by Ruchira in Chapeco with 40 participants on 7, 8 of Oct.
- In Porto Alegre Jágrti, we organized introduction classes (total 4 classes by Didi, and 3 margiis) free of charge for new people every Friday in Oct, Nov, attended by over 60 people. We also organized an event once a month on Sunday called Sunday yoga with average 25 people attended with great success!
Brcii Vimocana Ác. RSL Buenos Aires
– Various open meditation programme with small numbers of public participants is ongoing and has been a source of good contact with locals.
– Castelar: 21 Nov
– Moreno: 3 Dec
– San Martin: 7 Dec
– Palomar: 14 Dec
– Open Yoga & meditation in the park: open yoga & meditation for public in the park every Saturday has just been started from last week for pracar purpose and also for calling for participation for charity action such as collecting clothes or food items.
Avtk. Anandasomadhara Ác.
- Medical camp 105 persons participate
- In the school we did 3 parts for fun collection, we collect us 349 for the school
- We started collective meditation for women in Didis House. And we want to continue every fifteen days
- Sister Kevala from Brasil who is becoming LFT of Didi Ananda Adveta is working in the school here in Paraguay, she became very inspired to build a new bath room and store room in didis house, she say we will start the construction in January.
- I got a good contact with the rector of Philosophy in the university of Asuncion Paraguay and probably I will start the next year to give some lectures there. They are interested to do it.
- The school finished very well, the supervisor of the area visit us and gave very good qualification of our school.
- Due to the new Didi Divyarupa we start to fix and repair things in Didis House.
- We are doing a lot of Kiirtan and meditation also vegetarian lunch.
- Lecture about the difference between religions and spirituality in the Marist college in Asuncion for the students of 7, 8 and 9 grades and I introduce our philosophy, 73 students were there.
Good News Manila Sector
Ác. Yukteshananda Avt- SDPS/AMURT
- We have a grand successful Regional Conference on Oct 31- Nov 1 in HCMC, Vietnam. Over 200 people attended the conference. Conference was full of inspiring events. Workshop, Akhanda Kiirtan Baby naming and RAWA were special attraction of this conference. 18 people have been initiated.
- Regular monthly AMURT relief operation going on in southern provinces of Vietnam. We distribute rice, noodles, cooking oil, sauce, blankets, mosquito nets etc. Benefiting 200-300 people each time.
- Monthly philosophy classes on “Ananda Sutram” attended by 15-20 people.
- Conducted fasting and natural therapy camp in Mytho city on Oct 25-26. 42 people attended and benefitted by the camp. 8 people got initiation.
Ác. Premamayananda Avt.- SOS
- A very successful Annual Sectorial Sammelana was conducted in Johor Barhu, Malaysia. It was attended by 270 Márgiis. Coming from different part of the Sector and having a big representation of márgii from Vietnam, Mahárliká and Singapore, and off course from Malaysia. The highlight of the program was the 50 Anniversary of WWD Department. The Kiirtans, the cultural program and the classes were very well appreciated by everyone. During the program a Baby Naming Ceremony was performed. Several Brothers and sisters got initiation during the program.
- In Singapore on December 15 there was the Graduation Ceremony for the students of Ánanda Márga Yoga Academy. This Year 7 Student received the Diploma.
Ác. Shankarsanananda Avt – SB/Farm
- October 11 – Manila: Seminar on ‘Brahmacakra’ — 20 participants
- October 18 – Manila: Seminar on ‘Elementary AM Philosophy’ — 22 participants
- November 8 – Manila: Seminar on ‘Life, Death & Samskara’ — 25 participants
- November 10 – Cebu: Seminar on ‘Biopsychology’ — 18 participants
- November 8-11 – Cebu: Guide margiis of Cebu to start up AM Yoga Academy.
- November 23-27 – Quezon City Jail: Train jail inmates to teach yoga in the jail.
Ác. Dharmavedananda Avt.- SSAC
- The Ananda Marga Yoga Academy has finally started in Cebu, Maharlika. It is a major step with 9 teachers including 2 Acaryas (Dada Shankarsananda and myself), and all others are senior margiis. 10 students enrolled. This initial course will run for 4 months, meeting 5 times per week plus a few weekends. There has never been a program like this in Cebu, though there are many yoga schools, ours is the only one to make it.
- We have made a major management change in the Ananda Marga Yoga Wellness Center in Cebu – the biggest in its 10 year history. Symptom-free ex-cancer patient Shiila was vital for this to happen by becoming assistant manager to the new manager Chintamani, who was previously the medical in-charge. As a result the Center is now run by 12 staff who are fully personally engaged in all of its health practices, including stronger-than-ever collective kiirtans and meditations.
- For the first time in Cebu’s history there is a fully functioning Bhukti committee here, headed by newly elected BP Nikhil. All of its members are extremely active. In the past Cebu’s AM sincere moralist leaders were few, but now they are many. This means that the Cebu unit is much stronger than ever.
- In follow-up of last period’s good news of the amazing development in samaj work in Maharlika, in which it was said that the national group called MISSION fully accepted Prout as an excellent approach for social change.* Participants from MISSION together with margiis and other non-margii social activists have now begun to chalk out the principles and plans for a national movement – i.e. the process has really started.
*This was decided at its annual national conference called Liwanag, this time held in Cebu. This step has been many months in preparation, including that many Mission members read “After Capitalism” and watched a Prout video and heard a lecture of Dada Dharmavedananda about Prout. Ultimately a decision was taken to plan a new national initiative combining the structures of Mission and Prout with other supportive activists. The initiative will work for the transformation of the country. The principles and plans will be chalked out over the coming months, and will include its own national conference.
Ác. Prashanta Brc.- RS Bangkok
- A youth camp was conducted in Rayong (Thailand) in October, 50 youth attended
- Medical service with natural therapy was given to the local community in Rayong, 12 people benefitted.
- Many fruit trees and 20 variety of vegetable were planted in Rayong
Ác. Shasvatananda Avt.- RS Jakarta
Regularly sponsoring 12 children education costs and 2 elderly people, 40 gifts were distributed to street people.
Ác. Divyasundarananda Avt.- Area in charge SD
One interview was published in Hindu Times of Myanmar in August.
Ác. Priyadevananda Avt.- CS S
Food, juice and medicines were distributed in Baguio City (Maharlika ) in Sept. and Nov. More than 60 people benefitted each time.
Ác. Candrakant Brc.- Rector
Created 3 WT.
Ác. Nityasundarananda Avt. – S MU Sec/EI-1
- In Manila the capital city of Philippines – In November there was typhoon which affected many areas, AMURT Manila with volunteers reached the affected areas and started to render relief activities led by Ac Nityasundarnanda Avt, Shrii Ram Nath, Saraswati, Jiivan dev and many other margiis who distributed food materials, water etc to victims, 700 families were benefitted.
- In November 2015, Acarya Nityasundarananda ji gave a lecture in global city of Manila, Philippines, were more than 70 people attended the lecture and the topic was “Prama in daily life”. 7 people were initiated and one amongst them who was initiated offered to render place of activities, was very inspired and declared to offer free place once week for further pracar activities.
- Ananda Kuranga MU, Ác. Nityasundarananda Avt organized Yoga and fasting camp, were more than 35 new people attended the camp and Dada also gave an intensive seminar class benefitting the participants.
- AMSAI(Ananda Marga Special Academic Institution) school of Manila Province organized children day program amongst various schools attended by more than 700 guardians with their children participating in various competition and activities like rhymes, theatre, dance, rotary, quiz contest, and also indoor sports and athletic etc at Ninay Aquino Park on October 24, 2015. Acarya Nityasundarananda Avt E.I-1 of Manila sector was a chief speaker and he spoke about the values of Neo Humanistic education which is given by Shrii P.R. Sarkar, to flourish all round hidden potentialities, all round qualities. Dada Ji briefed the duties and responsibilities of teachers and guardians to build the career of the children in all faculties of knowledge. By attending the whole day program, the participants were enthralled by the overall performance and educative aspects of AMSAI.
Good News Cairo Sector
- A yoga fasting camp was held for 5 days in Lebanon on 16 November, 2015 attended by 34 people. Attendees learnt how to improve their health fasting, asanas, natural therapies and meditation. As a result, 18 persons got initiated and 10 persons got their lessons revised and increased.
- AMURT received a new large two year grant from the German government to promote social ability, which a special focus on education.
Currently AMURT in Lebanon runs the following projects:
- a) Support to 1000 refugee children attending Lebanon public school in the form of transportation and psycho social support to the students and as well as equipment and infrastructure to the school.
- b) 150 out of school refugee’s children receive non formal education daily. At AMURT’s large service school.
- c) Our workers visits refugees to inform them of education opportunities, their legal rights, and provide referrals to other NGO’s. In the last month they have met with 1000 families.
- d) For refugees who have never attended the school, AMURT has a special child friendly space program with special focus of trauma reduction, social integration and social integration and love for education. In the last six month, 250 children attended this program.
- e) AMURT’s protection team takes up cases of gender based violence and child abuse and negotiate for these women and children to get special attention and support.
- f) 35 Refugee women receive vocational training and have formed a women’s’ group and they train in tailoring as well as receive awareness session on health, hygiene and human rights.
AMPS unit has formed and registered in Dubai.
AMPS unit has been formed in Dubai and regular DC is held every Friday attended by 10-22 margiis. First time Didi Ananda Arpana Ác. visited Dubai and initiated 4 sisters from Iran and Syria also gave vegetarian cooking class and health consultation to many sisters. Dada Sumitananda Ji also initiated 2 Syrian and 1 Sudanese brother who were practicing meditation very sincerely and seriously.
For the first Dada Sumitananda visited Khourtam, Sudan invited by peace international. Sister Mona the co-coordinator of peace international organize a group of people who are very interested in the practice of Yoga and meditation and they are eager to learn Ananda Marga Philosophy. Dada stayed there for 3 weeks and every day taught them asanas and meditation, attended by 25 people.
Dada also gave a lecture on Astaunga yoga, life, death and Samskara as well as Science of Cakras and Kundalini. All those who attended yoga sessions were young and educated professionals, and they are very interested in vegetarianism, fasting and alternative medicine.
Dada visited Zagrav, Croatia and gave public conference on Yoga for health, and meditation for peace, attended by 30 people. Dada met Egyptian sister who is a film maker, and she visited Dada in Master unit and made a video about Ananda Marga life style. Dada explained the philosophy and practices of Ananda Marga and demonstrated asanas, Kiirtan, meditation and how to take bath. The video is already in the facebook which has been witnessed by margiis, Dadas and Didis and general public.
In Croatia, we have a very nice Master Unit only 20 minutes away from Zagrav, the capital of Croatia, where we are growing lot of vegetables, fruits and grains. And also regular DC is attended by about 15 margiis.
Dada visited Cairo, Egypt gave lectures on Yoga and meditation, taught kiirtan and BNK meditation to many people in different yoga centers. In Cairo now young and educated people are very interested in practice of yoga and meditation. Dada also gave a course on naturopathy – a system of healing without medicine.
Dada gave a lecture and conducted workshop at MUST(Mishra University of Science and Technology) just outside Cairo attended by professors, lecturers and students. The participants asked many questions on Philosophy of Ananda Marga and later they received a practical lesson on how to practice asana and meditation in daily life. All people were very inspired.
In Syria, Ananda Marga has 2 very active units in 2 cities and in one unit, 25 margiis attend DC regularly and another unit about 20 margiis attend DC regularly. Margiis conduct regular asana class, philosophy class and teach BNK meditation to public. They also conduct the kids Yoga and teach children basic asanas and meditation. Although Syria is in war and no Dada and Didi has visited for last four years because cannot get visa but the margiis continue teaching Philosophy and practice of Ananda Marga.
Recently 3 senior margiis visited another city in Syria invited by a sister who has many vision of Baba. Baba even gave her initiation and the new sister invited about 40 people who went for 3 days intensive course on Philosophy and practices of Ananda Marga. They were taught asanas, kiirtan, Prabhát Saḿgiita and BNK meditation. Series of lectures were given on Philosophy of Ananda Marga.
After this training, the participant decided to meet every Friday and continue to have group meditation regularly. This new unit is growing very fast and many people are joining Ananda Marga.
Good News Berlin Sector
- Refugee influx: This refugee inundation in Europe has created a very historic situation. In UK, Sweden and Germany. In Stockholm we are providing counseling support, distributing food and teaching yoga and meditation with collaboration with local authorities.
- Relief: Amurt Italy is conducting mass feeding in Bologna and Rome to 150 people respectively, once a week. Local volunteers are helping and local authorities are providing with food materials on regular basis.
- Amurt Italy was selected to go for voting along with other NGO’s. The winning NGO will get 200,000 Euros to support service projects also as per the gradation, the groups will get certain percentage to benefit the projects.
- Pracar: in London, regular classes are being conducted on weekly basis by Dada Jyotirupananda. These classes are good source of providing initiations. Also Dada Tattvadevananda is conducting regular introductory programs on Yogic cikitsa and health in Madrid and other cities in Spain. This program is attracting good number of people.
- New centre of Ananda Marga was opened in Catania. Regular DC, meditation courses and homeopathic clinic are functioning on weekly basis by Dada Ganadevananda.
- Poland: Dada Vanditananda was interview by the local news papers in connection with the Ecological farm or Master unit project and Ananda Marga activities conducted there. This was published in the local paper. Also they wanted to know his views on refugee influx in Poland.
- Dada Devarainjan, RS Rome, as conducted several seminars and conference to new people in different cities and initiated good number of people.
- RAWA: A RAWA concert was organized by Satya in Bologna unit with newly emerging artists. This followed by the formation of regional RAWA board which will enhance the activities of RAWA in the region.
- Seminar/retreats were successfully conducted in London, Madhukaruna (Germany), Ananda Vipasa (Italy). These seminars were participated by good number of people.
- Acarya Vanditananda Avadhuta, Rector Ananda Puttabhumi Master Unit:The government of Poland sent 40 farmers along with agricultural officers visited our farm and they were very inspired by practicing Kiirtan and meditation and our organic vegetarian food.
- Our MU was highlighted by telecasting 16 minutes documentary about AM way of dealing with Syrian refugees twice
- In Newspaper – Novin Jelenia Gora highlighted in front page along with photos about Ananda Marga and MU – they realize the benefit of meditation and how we can be so peaceful to handling the situation about tolerance from different beliefs.
- MU produced products like Buckwheat – 2 tons, and dinkel wheat – 2 tons, and bee hiving – 40 liters of honey and 1 and half tons of pumpkin, 2 tons potatoes and 1 tons carrot were harvested.
- Ac Gatimayananda Avt did pracar in Moscow region onOctober 9, 10 and 11 & conducted a successful retreat in St Petersburg with 15 margiis, there were 3 new people who attended this retreat organized by local margiis; RAWA activity – teaching of Prabhát Saḿgiita songs to margiis at Jágrti was also arranged, as well table talk in St Petersburg was held on 12 evening of October.
GOOD NEWS NAIROBI SECTOR
Three family from Durban South Africa visited their own country India during the month of November with didi Ananda Rasamrta Acarya. One of them was Mr. Pathak who is the director of an Old age and frail care centre in Durban. Khooblal Foundation from Durban South Africa had donated 20 artificial limbs to the poor and needy people of surrounding Agra. On this occasion Transport minister of Uttar Pradesh was present there. This news was highlighted by the local print media. They are planning to distribute more limbs in the month of March-2016.
Dada Daneshananda AMURT Coordinator Nairobi Sector
From Jul to August AMURT drilled – fourteen boreholes. Five in Ohaukwu LGA, including two for cholera affected areas in Ngbo Community. Two in Ozuitem, Abia state, 2 for health centers (Inikiri and Offia Oji) and five for Abakaliki LGA. WASHCOM training was completed for three communities in Ozuitem, Abia State.
The construction of a new health center at Inikiri Market has reached the roofing level. The construction of staff quarters at Akparata Clinic has been completed and the staff moved in by the end of November. New toilet and sanitation facilities have been completed at ElugwuEttam Health Center. Renovation of Offia Oji Health Center has been done. Boundary wall has been started at Gmelina Health Center.
A new Toyota Landcruiser Ambulance to serve Akparata Clinic and the Inikiri Clinic (still under construction) was deployed. Seventy percent of the funds came from Rotary International. Initiative came from the Rotary Club in Cupertino, California.
The ambulance referrals for 2015 has crossed 170.
A Land Rover Defender vehicle was acquired for the project work.
The number of deliveries in 2015 has crossed 1800, close to 80 % increase over 2014.
AMURT sponsored life saving surgeries for two babies from ElugwuEttam. The surgeries were done at the University of Nigeria Teaching Hospital in Enugu.
Two cooperatives have been started for widows with children, so far 20 women have received funds to start their own businesses to support their families.
FROM AUGUST TO DECEMBER 2015 GOODSNEWS
-Regular DCs in Abidjan and Bouake
Particularly in Abidjan , regular monthly program consisting of sadhana shivir, Akhanda kiirtan and DCs;
-Renovation has started in november with the rehabilitation of one building and the construction of 4 bathrooms and 2 toilets rooms [ see files];
-Regular yoga classes , yogatherapy and naturals remedies
– Classes still going on fridays for yoga teacher’s training
– There will be a retreat on 25th, 26th,and 27th December 2015 in Abidjan.
– Didi’s school is working nicely with this year 400 students.
Sister Mohini president of the committee and her committee member are managing well and also are working currently on the administrative status of the school as per the government demand .
1) MU: 137 students at school, good moringa selling
2) Togo: met with Ministre d’Etat again, on good way towards compensation for our land
3) France tour: 3500 € collected
Ác. Diiptimayananda Avt. SS Nairobi Sector
A REPORT ON THE MEDICAL CAMP HELD IN ANANDA MARGA ACADEMY ON 14TH NOVEMBER 2015 FROM 8:00AM TO 5:00PM IN CONJUNCTION WITH THE NAIROBI CITY COUNTY.
- Total Clients seen – 933
- Under 5 Years – 142
- Over 5 Years – 791
HEALTH WORKERS PRESENT
- NURSES – 15
- CLINICAL OFFICERS – 13
- PHARMACISTS – 7
- LAB TECHNICIANS – 4
- NUTRITIONISTS – 2
- HIV/AIDS COUNSELLORS – 5
- PUBLIC HEALTH OFFICERS – 1
- MEDICAL STUDENTS -11
- COMMUNITY HEALTH VOLUNTEERS – 2
ANALYSIS BY SERVICE
142 under 5’s and 791 over 5’s came for our services
- CERVICAL CANCER SCREENING
38 Women were screened for cancer. 35 were found to be via villi negative but three women showed to be via villi suggestive. They were referred to Mbagathi Hospital for further checkup
- FAMILY PLANNING
-15 women were given family planning services,3 were given everyday pills and 12 were inserted implants to last 3 years.
- NUTRITIONAL SERVICES
Nutritional screening was done to 40 patients, and advice generally on eating balanced diets and doing regular exercises to prevent obesity and the diseases associated with it.
- 2 under 5’s were found to be Underweight
- 7 Over 5’s were found to be Overweight
- 6 adults were found to be obese
- EYE CHECK-UP
62 patients were screened of eye problems and those that required spectacles and further check-up were referred to the Lion’s Eye Hospital
- DENTAL SERVICES
39 patients that required dental services were attended to, and those that required plucking were referred to the Lion’s Eye Hospital for further check-up
- VOLUNTARY COUNSELLING AND TESTING
100 patients were tested for HIV/AIDS 98 tested negative and 2 tested positive
Guidance and counselling was done to the patients accordingly.
2 children aged 9 months were given the measles vaccine.
- 9. PHARMACY SERVICES
The patients were given the drugs that had been prescribed to them by the clinical officers
- LABORATORY SERVICES
169 patients were screened of blood sugar, 13 were found to be diabetic
It was done to 57 kids and 261 adults
- BLOOD PRESSURE SCREENING
It was done to all the adult patients and 44 of them were found to be hypertensive
- BREAST EXAMINATION
It was done to 29 women, one was found to have a lump in one breast and was referred to mbagathi for further examination
Cultural Program and Graduation Ceremony at Githurai-Kimbo
There was a attractive cultural program on 19th November at Ananda Marga School, Githurai-Kimbo. Children from different classes performed dance, drama, recited poems, and sang different songs. Master of ceremony made laugh to everyone. It was full of entertainment. Parents participated in dance competition.
They had been given prize. There was a speech of A’c Diiptimayananda Avt on Ananda Marga Education. He emphasized for the building of a moralist society with the help of Ananda Marga School. More than 200 people were present in this colorful event. Everyone appreciated this wonderful day.
New Ananda Marga Mission Hospital at Githurai-44
Renovation work of proposed Ananda Marga Mission Hospital building is going on. It will be completed by the first week of January. Thereafter registration work will be done and we do hope that new hospital will start before March -2015.
Good News Suva Sector
Special Pracar News:
Dada Gunamuktananda’s TED x talk, “Consciousness the Final Frontier” has been watched by over 1 million people with 10,000 likes.
15 people attended the Meditation Retreat held during 27-29 November. A very blissful and positive event for all. The event was organized by Mahima and Dada Gunamuktananda.
Dada Gunamuktananda also gave lectures there in October.
Dada Krsnapremananda is holding regular group meditation at the Sydney Botanical Gardens and these have been very successful.
Dada Krpamayananda is conducting regular classes. Dada Gunamuktananda also gave several talks.
Dada Gunamuktananda has given a number of successful lectures and meditation sessions at Yoga Centers in Western Australia and Perth during November.
Nandikeshvarananda ji is busy with organizing March 2016 RDS and Retreat. He organized one small program with Indigenous people. All indigenous people got very inspired and requested for more similar programs from Dadaji.
Regular “Satsaunga” gatherings are held in Brisbane. In October gathering at Mount Crosby, total 20 people attended where all margiis did kiirtan and collective meditation and dada Shuddhacittananda ji gave lecture. In November at Kurby, total 35 people attended where all margiis did kiirtan and collective meditation and Dada Shuddhacittananda gave lecture.
Dada Shuddhacittananda ji organized yoga classes at Moorooka jagrti in November.
18 people attended a short meditation retreat in November with a very blissful and inspiring vibration which was organized by Radha, Yogesh and Didi Ananda Devanishta.
11 people attended a five day Ananda Marga Yoga Wellness Detox. A cancer patient was particularly inspired by the process and has offered to help with future events.
Ongoing lectures, classes and DC.
The Ananda Marga River School has had a wonderful year, with many celebrations to mark the 21st Anniversary of the school. The school unveiled a huge mosaic with the Neohumanistic theme that children designed and worked on through most of the year. The school hosted 15 practicum students (university students training to be teachers) and they were very interested and inspired to learn about NHE.
The school is especially advanced in music teaching and other arts such as video production. Students can choose to study violin, cello, piano, guitar, flute, percussion, voice, marimba and more. The students won two awards for their video-making, especially one that shows the school’s innovative paper recycling.
The Early Childhood Centre received the highest possible government rating: Exceeds National Standards, which was a great achievement.
Kamala and Didi Ananda Devanishta represented the school at the Conscious Life Festival and the Kids Uplift Festival.
Dada Shuddhacittananda gave the opening address at the first-ever school Reunion and 21st Birthday Celebration for 200 people. Didi Ananda Devanishta is busy at the school when she is not touring for pracar.
Monthly Akhanda Kiirtan and regular DC. Ac. Narada teaches regular classes at the University of the Sunshine Coast. Kamala sends out a monthly AM email newsletter to over 500 people.
Arpita has been very busy organizing the BLISS retreat for the end of the retreat and making many contacts. Also facilitating the Summer Retreat Committee.
Good News Hong Kong Sector
SS Dada and the RAWA team Taipei organized RAWA Symposium on November 22 at the Muzha Centre for Performing Arts which was attended by 98 people. Fifteen different performers enchanted the audience with a variety of artistic expressions.
Dada Shiilabhadrananda and his team organized at the first Yoga Vegetarian Cooking Retreat in Ananda Suruci Master Unit, Yujing, Taiwan which was attended by 6 new people.
Dada Kovid reported that Ananda Marga Yoga has become an official club at the Chongkan University Tainan, Taiwan after a one year trial. The twice weekly classes are attended by 35 students of whom 20 are members and from which 10 have received initiation.
Dada Krsnamayananda with the assistance of Sister Krpa Devi and Dada Priyabodhananda conducted Food Festival attended by 25 people in Hong Kong office which included a brief musical program.
Dada Priyabodhananda reported that 25 people attended the Seoul Regional Retreat in Ananda Karnika Master Unit out of which there were 3 initiations.
Dada and BP Indradeva made a green house where 1/4 acre of soybeans has been stored.
The autumn harvest produced 50 kg of bitter gourd.
Dada Yogananda reported that 2 fasting camps attended by 60 new people and one new Yoga Detox Retreat led by Parashara and Ajaya in which 19 new people attended were held at the Ananda Suruci Master Unit, Tainan, Taiwan.
Dada and the MU team cleared roof tiles and renovated the old cow shed for use as a carpentry workshop, by Brother Lokanath.
The entire landscaping of the Master Unit has been beautifully modeled by David a professional gardener volunteer from Australia.
Dada also completed a new, attractive website completed for the newly opened Wellness Centre.
Didis Good News during December WRDS 2015
Good news of NY sector:
Avtk. Ananda Kalyanmitra’ Ác. – RS(L) Los Angeles –
I have been taking care of Ananda Dhiira Master Unit. In November, I travelled Los Angeles for first time, to meet margiis and helped them for the feeding program in down town Los Angeles, where almost 200 homeless people got benefitted, this program is held on weekly basis organized by sister Lakshmi.
Avtk. Ananda Tapomaya A’c – PWSA –
In May and June this year, I had conducted yoga and meditation classes in a nearby cultural centre – one of the student, a sister who works in accounting department of the local municipality, organized an event with 8 of her colleagues who attended the discussion and got benefitted about Yoga and Meditation.
Brcii. Anudhyana Ác.: Didiji toured Central Mexico, met margiis and gave talks and initiations at Aguascalientes, Leon, Guadalajara, Morelia and Cuernavaca.
On 4 November – gave talk at Zapopan, Guadalajara, 10 got benefited, and on 8 November – gave talk about meditation at Morelia Spa, where 19 got benefited and on 10 November – gave talk at Morelia, where 9 attended the program and on 11 Nov, Mind and Meditation gave a talk at “Casa de la Cultura”, Morelia – where 21 benefited.
On 12 and 13 November, 2 talks were held at Morelia, benefitting 60 and 50 respectively and on 20 November, didi ji gave a talk at college of “Centre Morelense de las Artes” Cuernavaca and Didi visited first in Leon and initiated one sister as well, made many new contacts and Didiji gave in total 6 initiations.
Didiji also renewed old unit of Morelia, Mexico and visited few of our centres in Mexico to inspect that all is going well.
Good news of Nairobi sector:
Avtk. Ananda Gun’amaya’, RS(L) Accra:
3 class rooms were built at Central region of Ghana. School will be opened in January 2016. One school opened at the village of Mafi Zongo, votta region, Ghana (14 students)
17 windows were replaced with the help of Emanule Antola foundation, at Children home and school Accra, Ghana
Avtk. Ananda Giitika, DS(L) Mombasa
There was a water problem in our Mombasa Ashram and school from long time. Devotees of Sai Baba donated money for digging a bore well. Now the water problem has been solved. For it they spent millions of shillings.
Avtk. Ananda Rupa Ác., Sectorial MU and GV(Nairobi sector)
In Nakuru, Didiji planted more than 100 fruit trees surrounding our ashram premises.
Good news from Berlin sector:
Avtk. Ananda Krpa Ác.: DS(L) Helsinki – Didi is running PROUT study circle in Helsinki. Didiji gave 3 public lectures in Espoo, Finland.
Avtk. Ananda Dayashiila Ác. – RS(L) Roma: Kiirtan tour was held throughout Italy, with Akhanda kiirtan every day for 15 days, in 15 different cities of Italy. Didiji was giving classes and lectures throughout Italy.
Avtk. Ananda Prama Ác.: Rector, Ananda Bharati, Ireland – Renovation of one of the old building in the MU has begun. In October, many crops were harvested including fruits, vegetables and blue berries.
Avtk. Ananda Harimaya Ác.: RS (L) Paris – Didi Ji distributed over 700 posters and leaflets, while on tour in Madrid.
Spanish publications was registered on AMAZON and it is being sold now on internet.
Avtk. Ananda Riddhi Ác.: DS(L) Berlin – Didi ji gave lectures in various cities around Germany, made new contacts with different yoga centres. Didi Ji visited 3 universities.
Avtk. Ananda Cetana Ác.: RS(L) Moscow – Didi Ji has started small kindergarten project with 4 children and is conducting teacher training about Ananda Marga education system. She is also in process of trying to register the kindergarten. 4 public lectures held in Moscow, Belograd, and St.Petersberg.
Avtk. Ananda Jyotishrii Ác.: DS(L) Budapest – Didi Ji gave one presentation about Ananda Marga MU system and cultural program for Roma-gypsy people.
Avtk. Ananda Bhadra Ác.: DS(L) Stockholm – Didiji is conducting “Collection and food distribution program” for Syrian refugees in Stockholm, once a week, helping 50 person minimum each time and also collected 1800 euros for AMURT project in Africa.
Avtk. Ananda Udaya Ác.: RS(L) Oslo – Didi Ji visited door to door pracar activity atleast 2560 houses.
Brc. Annapurna Ác.: Rector(L) Ananda Ashiisha MU, Poland – wrote one article for a finnish yoga magazine and Didi Ji is giving homoepathic aid to nearby villages and harvested crops and grown lot of food products and there was EU inspection with successful report.
Avtk. Ananda Tapasiddha Ác.: RS(Gibraltar): Legal document of Master Unit was completed with 1500 square metres free land was acquired.
Good News from Hong Kong Sector:
Avtk. Ananda Sainjana A’c., Sectorial HPMG(L), based in Vladivostok Region bought an additional 2 hectares of land at Ananda Shailaduhita MU, making it now 5 ha in total. Many programs were held: 3-day Sadhana Shivir (60 attended), RAWA Festival (400 participants), 8-day summer retreat (200 att.), 3-day maonavrata Sadhana Shivir, 4-day yoga camp and 12-day Ideological training.
One of her LFT sisters, Rukminii, is ready for WT training.
Avtk. Ananda Rashmika Ác., PWSA, based in south Taiwan, has been conducting study circles twice a week, with sisters from around Taiwan. In Ananda Matrika, Meinong MU the Fruit Drying project continues to grow. It can help sustain the MU in future. The MU hosts regular AM Health Programs and Childrens Camps. Disadvantaged children are sponsored to be able to attend. The regional student camp had 21 participants of which 18 sisters. All got initiated. Kaosikii pracar and videos have increased the interest for kaosikii and other “merchandise” was made for Baba’s message to reach the public in different ways.
Brcii Shivapriya Ác., DSL Vladivistok, participated in the Alternative Medicine Expo in south Korea, introducing AM lifestyle, kiirtan, meditation and biopsychology. Hundreds of people visited the booth.
Sister Janaki holds monthly intro programs where people learn about AM philosophy and practice and a presentation on AMURT& AMURTEL in Gwangju attracted by 35 people. In her diocese the summer retreat was held with 60 margiis. In Khabarovsk now margiis attend DC and classes regularly. 2 sisters from there went to LFT training. Regular new people programs are held, food distribution to street people and animals is done weekly and classes are going on in the jagrti. Prabhat Samgiita day was celebrated with 6 hours AK and 1 hour PS. A TV interview was held in Ursurisk.
Avtk. Ananda Amala Ác. organized fasting camps and introduced many sisters to the path (UG).
Brcii Indumati Ác., RSL Tashkent, continues pracar and service programs in Central Asia and Far East Russia. She organizes classes, pracar, service and seminars.
Avtk. Ananda Kalika Ác., RSL Ulaanbataar, continues to run and expand the Lotus Children’s Center. The centre celebrated its 20th anniversary in August of this year. The festivities included cultural programs by the children with Mongolian and Prabhat Samgiita dances and other presentations. All children and visitors participated in the Mongolian traditional games such as archery and wrestling. On the occasion, Didi Ananda Kalika and members of staff received medals from the city government for their tremendous service to these disadvantaged children. Among the 300 attendees were the Australian consul, government officials, supporters and donors as well as young people who grew up in the children’s home over these last 20 years.
(Attn: All SS pls distribute the mail among local workers)
***Always in His Service***
Central Public Relations Secretary
Ácárya Nirmohananda Avadhúta
Ánanda Márga Pracáraka Saḿgha
Skype ID: nirmohanandaavadhuta